Web-Based Medical Information Systems
MDWeb is a small company operated by a doctor (kidney specialist) based in New Zealand. The main product is a Web Application Platform that can be used to create reliable and adaptable Information Systems for the healthcare industry. The platform can be used to create anything from a simple web-based data collection form (eg research), to an online Registry. If demand exists, further work will allow the development of a chronic disease care information system that can be integrated with existing generic electronic clinical record or integration suite. The platform is built from the ground up with consideration for high data quality, security and safety assurance suitable for life-critical or sensitive data. It is designed to be easy to use and setup without in-depth knowledge of programming or web development.
This type of product is a "Platform as a Service" / "Software as a Service" hybrid. It is a "low code" solution with all the advantages of a full custom solution without the tremendous cost and high risk of project failure.
A single programmer or analyst can quickly and efficiently create a complex web-based infomation system in a short time frame, or we can set it up for you based on your specification and maintain it as required.
This type of product is not unique, however the simple and robust design of the MDWeb framework and its healthcare focus is not found in other large universal products.
- Simple interface using intuitive layout and standard functionality.
- Easy to navigate and operate for users with low computer literacy.
- Low bandwidth requirement – ideal for slow internet access and obsolete computers found in the public health system.
- Data Quality Assurance a key feature - everything from simple field Validation to complex Rule Based "intelligent" validation (eg status and timeline events).
- SQL-based Reporting engine, supports advanced user-defined parameterised reports. (Assistance with Report design available).
- Compatibility with defunct non-compliant web browsers (IE7-9) is available.
- Configurable API for two-way data exchange with external systems. (Partial FIHR implementation). *
- Components tailored for medical/healthcare applications (medication and prescription management, documents, medical history, state management and and event timeline). *
- Communication, process support and documentation systems designed for real-world use, capable of replacing common paper based and face-to-face processes. *
* these features are in development pending demand.
Developed using the industry standard Microsoft® stack (Latest ASP.Net, SQL Server®). Future proof, robust and powerful.
For details please read the full explanation of features or see the Privacy for screenshots of a working system. If you are interested in a demo of the flexibility, configuration and reporting capabilities of our product, have a look at the Demo system, or contact us.
MDWeb can offer other services as well:
- Easy to use and cost-effective Website setup and design using WordPress®.
- Database Conversion / import
- Assistance and advice with Design and Specification
- Advice on commissioning or developing simple online tools / websites.
- Basic training for database administrator roles
- Phone/email based support for Administrators
Please contact us to discuss. Pricing is reasonable and consideration is given to client resources.
© 2012-2020 MDWeb New Zealand